Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Inspiration

I've wanted to do a blog for quite a while, but figuring out what to say was particularly challenging. The whole point of these things is for people to read them, and I always have to win, so I want mine to be read!

Well, at work this week I got this idea. My friend G sent me an article about stocks, bonds, investments, etc. that was really interesting and had a great quote from Warren Buffet at the end, but I digress. At any rate, I read the article and it got me thinking about my own investment portfolio. Now, seeing as I don't have an investment portfolio just yet I don't think about my personal investments too often. But in reading this New York Times article I got some great advice from the richest man in the world (read: he's doing something right!). Mr. Buffett says to be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful. Again, while not applicable to my current financial position, useful for life in general!

o I dubbed the article that G sent me as a "smarticle". Or-- a smart article. Something I learned from. I figured we could all benefit from a quick smarticle every now and again and thought that a blog would be the perfect way to learn something new everyday.

I'm sure this isn't an original idea (a blog where readers learn something new...groundbreaking...) but figured if nothing else, there's not another with a bit of the Mac Attack approach on life thrown in there, so there you go. This is my new blog and I hope you learn something!

And here's a link to the yahoo finance site with the NYT article I read, in case you want to learn a bit about personal finance too. (Or if nothing else, say you've read your daily smarticle...)

http://finance.yahoo.com/focus-retirement/article/106867/When-Nest-Eggs-Change-Colors?mod=fidelity-readytoretire

No comments:

Post a Comment