Tuesday, July 13, 2010

You know you're tired when...

So I've been doing nothing but daydreaming for the past few weeks. Dreaming about all the clothes I'm going to buy for fall, dreaming about what nail polish will most disguise my one stump nail, pondering how to meet R.Patz (which will never happen, but it indeed is at least a topic worthy of a daydream) and most often scheming a plan to somehow work in the movie/TV industry. It's no wonder with all this dreaming that I'm exhausted! And, surprisingly, I don't really have anything to blog about! I mean, I ALWAYS have something to say! I suppose it means I'm boring this week. Must try harder next week!

The only super hilarious thing that happened (at least hilarious to me after not much to eat during the day and a couple of cocktails at night) was going out for some friends' birthdays. We were at a bar in the Big D just hanging out when over to the left there was an Amazon Woman dancing with a flashing stick. Actually, not sure if it was dancing.... It was more like squatting. Actually, come to think of it, she was quite similar to my dog Scruffadoodle when you pick her up and her leg kinda pops out in an unnatural splay-legged sort of way. She frolicked all 6"+ of herself around for quite awhile, using her scepter as a magic wand, as a pole (for pole dancing), as a parade baton... Did I mention it was multi-colored and lit up? She was quite a sight in an otherwise ho-hum bar. And I'm certainly not poking fun of her height- she was a pretty enough girl, but my my... I thought her leg was going to kill someone! Or possibly trip them while she awkwardly lunged in the inappropriate man lunge way to lean over to talk to her friends. Again, she provided many minutes of quiet entertainment!

So that's it. I blogged b/c it is my mid-season goal to blog more. So there you have it. Amazon woman danced with legs all akimbo flailing around like a fish out of water at times. And that's the excitement of the week. Too tired to even think about something smart to educate everyone on.

Hopefully my weekend trip to Austin will provide for some much needed blog material. I mean, how can I become Chelsea Handler if I run out of material at the ripe old age of 24?? (I'm contemplating lying about my age.... I feel like I could pass for 24!)

Till next time. Cheers!

PS, I realize akimbo is the wrong word, but it's kinda how her legs would've looked if they were arms... Did I mention that I'm exhausted?? ;)

1 comment:

  1. our awesome austin adventures will surely give you something to blog about, you may even have to make it into a 2 or 3 part series :)

    ReplyDelete